Mac Cosmetics Canada lip pencil in Boldly Bare, lipstick in Honeylove, Dazzleglass in Sugarrimmed.
Treat Your Lips!
I’ve tried SO many different lip balms, chapsticks, lip scrubs, treatments, etc. But the ones that I’ve found to work best for different situations are:
- NIVEA Hydro Care – very hydrating traditional lip balm (doesn’t disappear in minutes, like EOS…)
- Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm – very nice for no-makeup days, provides a sheer tint of colour with long-lasting moisture from 100% natural ingredients, comes in a wide variety of shades
- MAC Lip Scrubtious – my favourite lip scrub, comes in a variety of scents, works like magic with my (or clients’) lips
- Wet’n’Wild Lip Scrub – a great drugstore alternative to the MAC one, comes in a couple other scents
- Vaseline Lip Therapy – although I’m not a fan of using pot/tub lip treatments, I still use this one due to its intense hydration and repair qualities
- NYX #thisiseverything Lip Oil – a lightweight, slightly tinted lip oil that provides a good balance of moisture/treatment and glossy shine
- MAC Lip Conditioner – an emollient-based balm that conditions lips, locks in moisture, and gives a soft shine
- MAC Prep + Prime Lip – a colour-free lipstick base that adds light moisture, smoothes, and refines. Works amazingly under liquid lipsticks!
When working on clients, I always moisturize the skin and apply any of the needed lip treatments/prep products at the very beginning, and giving them time to sink in and do their job.
What are your favourite lip treatments? Let me know in the comments below!
5 Easy Makeup Tips That Make A Big Difference
- Learn how to use a felt-tip eyebrow styler for a more natural & fluffy brow look. It’s really delicate and creates hair-like strokes.
MAC Shape & Shade Brow Tint
Glossier Brow Flick
- Use multitasking products. For example, lipstick used as blush not only stays longer on the cheeks, but also creates cohesion in the look.
There are also products that are designed to do both functions:
MILK Makeup Lip + Cheek Sticks
Many variations of Nudestix products
- If using a cream brozing/contouring product, don’t apply it directly on to your face (it can erase your base makeup and be harder to blend out). Pick up the product with your brush either directly from the product or the back of your hand, this allows for control over placement of it on your face and for a build-up to a desired intensity.
Fenty Beauty Match Stix
HUDA Beauty Tantour Cream
- Play around with different colours and looks when you have free time. You never know what looks you could create! You might find something that you like and something you don’t. You might incorporate some into your daily makeup routine.
- Learn how to properly line/overline your lips. Analyze the shape of your lips and only overline in the areas where there’s a more slim portion, and line the rest as regular. If you feel like you need to overline all over – please do! Makeup has no rules.
What are some of your makeup tips? Let me know in the comments below!